Friday, April 8, 2016

Blog 8: 4/8/16

Hello again,

So this week went by slowly and a little different than normal.

I wasn't able to go in everyday since I was out of town for some time of the week and at school, meeting with a few teachers to update them on my busy schedule of this final trimester!

This week was slow because I was having trouble yielding successful results. I tried to cast a gel twice as big as the normal size I use. Unfortunately, I used the wrong casting tray and ended up messing up the gel and thereby losing a few samples. But it's no problem since today I am re-doing those samples! So far, I have received successful results!

As the SRP timeline is coming to a close, I find myself busy with more work than usual. Along with the work I do at TGen, the time has come for me to begin working on my presentation as well. Practice Presentations start soon and after that, the final presentations begin!

Although I am very excited to give a conclusive summary of my work the past 8 weeks, I have a lot to do before I am ready to present.

Thank you for sticking with me during this research project!

Pooja


6 comments:

  1. Hi Pooja! What is the advantage of casting a bigger gel?

    I'm so excited to hear your final presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to hear about your results Pooja!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pooj! Sorry to hear your so busy but I hope it is worthwhile! Why cast a bigger gel and how are you coming along with answering your research question?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you able to use bigger gels to cast more at once or was it accidental using the larger size?

    ReplyDelete